Today, we will show you how to make the classic apple pipe for smoking cannabis. You’ve probably been there before: you want to sit back, pack a full bowl of marijuana, and blaze away… but you don’t have a bong, bowl, or pipe.
All you’ve got is some quality cannabis and a lighter that fortunately ended up in your favorite jumper.
What do you do? Do you postpone your smoking session?
Necessity gives birth to invention. And in times like these, you shouldn’t let the lack of simple things sabotage all your plans. While glass pipes, bongs, and vaporizers can get the job done in a jiffy, sometimes it’s nice to retrace your roots and get all down and dirty with DIY.
Many people are familiar with the apple pipe hack, but those that haven’t tried this age-old trick should have these handy tips at their disposal for when push comes to shove. It is not difficult to make one at all. All you need is a bit of care and patience, and you’ll soon be enjoying your weed.
But Why Learn How To Make Apple Pipe?
Well, learning how to make an apple marijuana pipe comes in handy in all sorts of situations. Say you paid a visit to your parents for the weekend, or you’re on a camping trip. Perhaps you have just flown to Colorado and don’t want to spend money on a bong or bowl.
There are many situations where you may find yourself with no smoking equipment, yet all you want to do is enjoy some good weed. As the saying goes, ‘’where there’s a will, there’s a way.’’ Just sit back and stretch out your tootsies as we show you how to create an apple cannabis pipe for when you’re craving a high.
The Marijuana Apple Pipe
Making a marijuana apple pipe might sound like an experiment from the Moon, but it is actually an easy thing to do once you get the hang of everything. Basically, the concept behind an apple pipe revolves around drilling a bent tube inside the fruit and smoking through the hole in the pipe.
I love using crisp apples because they are more solid and will not crumble during use. It can also prove hard to keep your stash in place, and that’s why I usually screen to hold your weed. But the absolute best thing about making an apple cannabis pipe is that you get to slice your apple and quench your thirst for a snack as soon as you’re done smoking.
It’s also worth noting that it is a healthier and safer method of smoking than using a joint or smoking from a can.
Start by Collecting the Necessary Supplies
As mentioned above, making an apple marijuana pipe is extremely easy. All you need is a pen, a toothpick, and of course, some cannabis and an apple.
Not only is this method easy, but it is also effective and a great option for on-the-go.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 apple (preferably a crisp one)
- 1 pen
- 1 toothpick
- Your favorite strain of cannabis
Step by Step Instructions
- Get rid of the stem that’s usually at the top part of the apple. The hollow part that you just created will act as a bowl. Do not put anything inside. Simply pick up a toothpick and pierce through straight down, starting from the hollow where the stem was. Then, use the same toothpick to create other four-eight holes around the sides of the main hole you just created with the toothpick. These holes that you just created around the main bowl will allow smoke to escape through the fruit more easily.
- Grab your pen and remove the inner plastic so that it is left hollow and cylindrical. Now, shove it inside the side of the fruit so that there is a hollow tunnel that overlaps with the main toothpick hole you had created from the top portion of the fruit. Once the pen is deep inside the apple, twist it around several times, then slowly pull it out. The inside part of the pen is now filled with apple bits, and there’s a big hole going down from the side.
- Next, empty the pen of the apple bits, and then shove it right back into the cylindrical hole. The pen can act as a pipe that you basically smoke from once you load cannabis. This is important because it will help create a safe distance between your face and the lighter so that your lips don’t get burned while smoking. If you don’t want to use the pen, you can always smoke directly from the hole you’ve just created on the side. It’s more natural and eliminates the possibility of smoking plastic fumes from a burnt pen. All in all, using the pen or not all comes down to personal preference.
- Finally, take your favorite strain of cannabis and fill up the top portion of the fruit where the stem was. Put your lips on the hole you created on the side (or on the pen you plugged in the side) and then light the cannabis. Inhale a lungful, exhale and enjoy your weed.
This creativity will really impress your friends – and can even be a sweet treat for the weekend! It is quite reminiscent of the first smoking paraphernalia you buy…but with that extra flare of doing it by yourself. Good job, draftsman (or woman), now relish the fruits of your sweat.
Note: You can use any other type of fruit or vegetable to create a marijuana pipe on the go. The best part is that when you are done, you have a healthy snack to quench any cravings!
What procedure do you use to make a cannabis pipe when you really need one? Do you use an apple or some other fruits and veggies? Let us know in the comments section.
Happy blazing y’all!