In the last several years, the number of cannabis-related products has increased immensely.
If we’re talking about the US, the trend was caused by changes to legislation. As cannabis becomes more mainstream, there are more companies willing to experiment with this plant.
Marijuana edibles are on a steep rise. We’ve gone from simple hash brownies to cannabis lollipops and gummies. They are a great replacement for marijuana joints, as they don’t make smoke, nor do they affect your lungs or respiratory system.
With all that being said, you’re now probably wondering how to make marijuana candies?
Don’t worry! Making cannabis candies is as easy as making regular sweets.
Read this article to learn how!
Take precautionary measures when making marijuana candies
Although marijuana is very similar to other plants in terms of its usage, it still has THC. This psychoactive substance can be problematic if you don’t make the right precautionary measures.
It all has to do with dosage. As you can presume, putting too much marijuana can ruin your vibe and give you a bad trip. Going overboard and relying on your resilience is never a good choice. So, it is very important to put the right quantity of cannabis into edibles.
Keep in mind that cannabis edibles can be much stronger than the regular joints. When you eat marijuana, THC has a different impact on your body compared to when you smoke it.
As it goes from your mouth to the stomach and liver, THC is changed to a more powerful version of the substance. However, it will take a while for the cannabis substance to be processed. For most people, it takes between 60 to 90 minutes.
And here is where the problem occurs.
Inexperienced users will think that marijuana candies weren’t strong enough. In an attempt to get high, they will take more and more edibles.
Once THC hits them, it will be too late. Not only are marijuana edibles really strong, but people often overdo it. If you take too many edibles, you will get a really nasty trip.
At one point, you might think that you’re dying, which is the last thing you need. If this happens, it is important to remember that this is just because you overdid it, and there is no immediate danger to your body.
The high you get from edibles is much different from that which you get when smoking the plant. When you smoke weed, THC gets to your bloodstream rather quickly but also exists quickly.
Because of these potential issues, some states are trying to regulate marijuana edibles so that people don’t get these nasty highs.
If you’re a patient using cannabis edibles as a way of avoiding the smoke, keep in mind that CBD candies will not get you high. Even if you overdo it, you won’t experience the nasty feedback as you would with THC edibles.
How to find the right weed dosage?
Finding the right dosage can be a problem at first. As already mentioned, it is your top priority to avoid a bad high.
It also makes it a bit harder when you realize that several people will eat these edibles, and each one of them has a different tolerance.
Lastly, due to a high delay, it will be hard for the user to determine how much edible is enough.
The safest approach is to go with smaller dosages. Here is the recommended quantity based on your tolerance:
- Very low tolerance – less than 5 milligrams of THC
- Low tolerance – between 6 and 10 milligrams of THC
- Average tolerance – between 11 and 25 milligrams of THC
- High tolerance – between 26 and 80 milligrams of THC
- Very high tolerance – more than 80 milligrams of THC
The first thing to note is that this table is for one person only. If you’re making edibles for more people, we suggest that you go with a minimal dosage.
Also, even if you’re an experienced cannabis user, we suggest that you lower the dosage when making edibles for the first time.
Now, we will review 2 popular recipes: hard marijuana candies and gummies. Stick with us!
How to make hard marijuana candies?
There are several things you need to consider when making hard cannabis candies. For example, you will have to find just the right temperature.
Otherwise, you will not be able to get the right texture. In terms of equipment, you will need molds, thermometers, and a few ingredients.
Here are the main ingredients:
- 1 Cup of sugar
- Half a cup corn syrup
- A quarter of a cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of THC tincture
- 1 tablespoon of a flavor additive
Here is the step-by-step process:
- You will need to heat up the stove to medium or high heat. Take a pan, place it on the stove, and add sugar and water to it
- Start mixing these two. Continue stirring until sugar dissolves. When the ingredients start boiling, you will have to place a thermometer in the pan and wait for the temperature to reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove the pan, but leave thermometer inside
- You need to wait for the temperature to drop below 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, you can add the cannabis oil as well as additional flavor. Continue mixing
- Pour it into molds and leave them to cool off
How to make weed gummies?
If hard marijuana candies seem like a hassle, you can try an easier recipe.
Weed gummies are pretty straightforward, and you can make them even if you have limited culinary experience.
Again, you will need a mold (perhaps it’s best if you take an ice cube tray) as well as a pan.
Here are the main ingredients:
- A cup of fresh juice
- One-quarter of a cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of agar-agar powder or gelatin
- 1 tablespoon of cannabis oil
- A dash of sugar
Here is the step-by-step process:
- Place fruit juice in a pan and then put it on a stove that was previously heated to medium or high temperatures. Leave it to boil for a while. While fruit juice is boiling, you need to take another bowl, put agar-agar and water in it, and mix them together
- Put the mixture into the pan together with juice. Stir it a bit and add sugar to it
- When the mixture is ready, you will need to remove the pan. Let it cool off a bit and add marijuana oil
- Once it’s ready, you can put the mixture into a mold. Leave the mold at room temperature for 20 minutes. Then, put it in the fridge for an additional 20 minutes
- Remove them and enjoy your treat
These are just some of the recipes you can make with marijuana. The options are limitless!
If you decide to experiment a bit on your own, make sure to be conservative with cannabis. The plant can hit you really hard if you’re not careful!
It is much better to put less cannabis in a mixture when you’re making it for the first time than go overboard and have a bad high!
Hopefully, this guide should help you will all your future efforts!